The first ever Tiling Show takes place at the Harrogate International Centre from 18th to 20th September 2016.
The only B2B show in this sector, manufacturers and distributors have a unique platform over the three days to launch new products and show off their current ones.
Running alongside the hugely successful Flooring Show, the event will see a packed programme of demonstrations and seminars, as well as a Trends Hub and Ask The Expert sessions, as well as dozens of companies exhibiting.
The Tile Association Demo Zone will be at the heart of the show, with practical presentations lifting the lid on a huge range of topics and techniques across the three days:
SUNDAY 18TH SEPTEMBER
- 10am — Introduction and application of heating cables to prepared floor (delivered by Warmup)
- 10.30am — Introduction and application of levelling compound over heating cables (BAL)
- 1pm — Introduction to tools used and cutting of large format tiles including thin porcelain (Bellota)
- 1.30pm — Introduction and application of decoupling mats (Schluter Systems)
- 3pm — Fixing of large format porcelain tiles (Ultratile)
- 3.30pm — Use of expansion joints (Dural)
- 4pm – Application of grouts and admixes (Dural)
MONDAY 19TH SEPTEMBER
- 10am — Introduction and application of wet room systems (Nicholls & Clarke)
- 11am – Use of drainage systems in wet rooms (Schluter Systems)
- 1pm — Introduction to tools used and cutting of ceramic and glass mosaic tiles (Bellota)
- 1.30pm — Fixing of ceramic/glass mosaics (BAL)
- 3pm — Grouting of mosaics using flexible grouts (Norcros Adhesives)
- 3.30pm — Grouting using epoxy grouts (Saint Gobain Weber)
TUESDAY 20TH SEPTEMBER
- 10am — Introduction and types of stone (FILA)
- 10.30am — Introduction and application of sealing of stone (FILA)
- 1pm — Fixing of natural stone (Natural Stone & Tile Gallery)
- 1.30pm — Grouting of natural stone installations (Ultratile)
The Seminar Programme, meanwhile, will see 17 sessions covering a huge range of topics, from sales and marketing, growing an online brand, sustainability, window merchandising and pricing. Click HERE to see the full line-up.
In collaboration with Consult Yorkshire, the Ask The Expert sessions will see a number of experts covering areas from social media to legal advice. All the advice is totally free of charge, and a fantastic opportunity for visitors to ask any questions that have been at the back of their minds!
And the Trend Hub sessions will see merchandising and window display workshops to help visitors show off their products and showroom spaces in style.
Ian Kershaw, Chairman of The Tile Association, said: “The TTA is delighted to be partnering with the prestigious Harrogate Flooring Show to create the first-ever Tiling Show. After a number of years without a dedicated tiling show for the UK market, we view the launch of The Tiling Show as a very welcome development.
“This will be somewhere that our members and others in the tiling sector can do business, network, learn about the key trends and view product demonstrations. We are committed to playing our part in developing The Tiling Show into a new and unique platform for our industry.”
Visit www.thetilingshow.com for lots more information